This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data collected from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand my practices regarding your personal data and how I will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is David Nazaruk of 67 Station Road, Mickleover, Derby, DE3 9GJ.
Information I collect
I will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give me. This is information about you that you give me by filling in forms on themoderncelebrant.com “my website” or by corresponding with me by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
It includes the information you provide when you fill in my contact form. The information you give me may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
I will only use information supplied for the stated purpose and I will only contact you for marketing purposes having received your consent first by way of filling in a form or contacting me by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
In certain instances, I may contact you to update you with information about services you have booked but this will always be made clear when you sign up for such services and it will be provided under the grounds of legitimate interest.
Information I collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to my website. I will automatically collect the following information. This will always be anonymised and cannot be traced back and will only be used for the purposes of improving my website and understanding how users interact with it:
- Technical information, including your browser type and version, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the referring website URL, pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Uses made of the information
I use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to me
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from me.
- To provide you with information about other services I offer that are similar to those that you have already booked or enquired about if you have consented to this.
- With your consent to provide you with information about services I feel may interest you.
- To provide you with information related to services that you have already booked and to notify you about changes to these services.
Information I collect about you
- To administer my website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes.
- To improve my website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
- As part of my efforts to keep the website safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing campaigns I serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you when you have opted to receive marketing by email.
- If you have consented, to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of my site about services that may interest you or them.
I will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If all of my assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by me about my customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply my Terms and Conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where I store your personal data
I will store data that is related to you and any services you may have booked from me for a maximum of 12 months. Prior to this time limit, I will seek permission to use and store the data for a further 12 months. If you do not give repeated permission your data will be deleted from my systems.
Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of my website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and any data I store about you will be encrypted.
I will always inform you before collecting your data of any use I may make of that data or if I intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Should I send you information and you no longer wish to be contacted please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other sites referenced
My website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other suppliers, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The accuracy of your information is important to me, if you change any of the information I hold, or if it is inaccurate or out of date, please email me at email@example.com.
As of 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) comes into effect which gives you the right to access information held about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
A cookie is a small file containing letters and numbers that I store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
I use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of my website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into my event planner or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow me to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around this website when they are using it. This helps me to improve the way my website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to my website. This enables me to personalise my content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to my website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. I will use this information to make my website more relevant to your interests. I may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.